Friday, March 2, 2012

A song for Merton! Olympic Anthems by kids


I have been working with Key Stage 2 classes at St Teresa's to compose a song for Merton to celebrate the Olympics. I have never tought songwriting before and was extremely apprehensive. However Soo from MMF provided a set of lesson plans complete with video clips. This gave me the confidence to set up a song writing blog for the children - see "How to write a great song!"

The children have absolutely relished it. They have put in so much effort - practising at home, meeting up at playtimes, hounding me in the corridors etc!

It was really hard but I have whittled them down to a shortlist of 8. Please could you help me out by listening to them and leaving a comment on your favourites?

I would be pathetically grateful and you would make the children extremely happy!

Just click here

No comments: